FairlyCale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FairlyCale

The ultimate John Cale forum.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chum of Lou Reed/The Velvet Underground

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chum of Lou Reed/The Velvet Underground Empty Chum of Lou Reed/The Velvet Underground Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:24 am

Paul

Paul

This should be an interesting thread.

I still can't seem to come across an answer about how much Cale was involved with Songs for Drella. Some sources make it sound like it was Lou dominated.

jivedot

I though Lou Reed always dominated ?

http://twitter.com/jivedot

Isabel

Isabel

I always thought that mainly the music was Cale's job and writing lyrics was Reed's and that it was a real collaboration. At least that's what the Maestro says in "What's Welsh for Zen?"
The fight began afterwards when it came to producing.
But "Zen" is the only source I have. Which other sources are you refering too, @Paul?

I've always believed it was 50/50 but when the credits were being assembled for the release Reed announced it was his project. Cale's comment on the cover booklet was sarcastic and aimed at Reed

jivedot

Cale must have done a reasonable amount, because I can't stand Reed solo and I like Songs For Drella.

http://twitter.com/jivedot

Paul

Paul

Isabel wrote:I always thought that mainly the music was Cale's job and writing lyrics was Reed's and that it was a real collaboration. At least that's what the Maestro says in "What's Welsh for Zen?"
The fight began afterwards when it came to producing.
But "Zen" is the only source I have. Which other sources are you refering too, @Paul?

I don't have any sources on me right now, but the impression that I got was that Cale contributed a lot to Drella but Lou sort of shut him out in the post-production portion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum