FairlyCale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FairlyCale

The ultimate John Cale forum.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Australian Paris Performance?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Australian Paris Performance? Empty Australian Paris Performance? Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:47 am

gavin

Hi everyone, I'm in Australia and hoping that he'll come down and perform Paris 1919 sometime soon. Has anyone heard anything? Cheers all.
Gavin

2Australian Paris Performance? Empty Re: Australian Paris Performance? Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:26 am

Cale's just been "down under" and has said these "Paris 1919" performances are short-term, so its not looking good for you

3Australian Paris Performance? Empty Re: Australian Paris Performance? Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:21 pm

gavin

Yeah but he also said he was only doing the Welsh performance.

4Australian Paris Performance? Empty Re: Australian Paris Performance? Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:02 pm

Paul

Paul

Sorry Gavin, but I think it is unlikely. The fact that Cale was just in Australia 3 months ago means he probably won't be back there for a long time.

Did you catch any of those recent shows?

5Australian Paris Performance? Empty Re: Australian Paris Performance? Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:11 pm

gavin

No I couldn't make it this time Paul but I have seen him in Melbourne twice in 1983, 4 nights in a row in 1986, once in 1993, once in 2001 and once in 2007. Plus, my 2 sons names are Lachlan JOHN and CALE Richard. First became a fan in 1973 when a friend brought Paris around one night, and this was before I'd heard of the Velvets. I've been hopelessly hooked ever since.

6Australian Paris Performance? Empty Re: Australian Paris Performance? Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:04 pm

Wasn't one of the 2007 Aussie gigs broadcast on the radio there...Melbourne i think?

7Australian Paris Performance? Empty Re: Australian Paris Performance? Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:10 pm

Paul

Paul

Hey, Gavin, good news for you!

Cale is going to be playing in Melbourne in October. A Paris 1919 show, another show/talk, and he will also be a part of another concert.

http://www.melbournefestival.com.au/program/music

You really lucked out! I can't believe Cale will be back in Australia in less than a year after his last performances.

8Australian Paris Performance? Empty Re: Australian Paris Performance? Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:13 am

Paul

Paul

I posted this on the blog but thought i would repost here.

I just did a google blog search for Cale and found this description of 7 songs to leave behind.

"Elsewhere, the Melbourne International Arts Festival is also enlisting musicians to attract the festival-going faithful. John Cale, Sinead O’Connor, Rickie Lee Jones and Meshell Ndegeocello are just four of the international artists who will be performing in the concert Seven Songs to Leave Behind. Joined by Australian artists, including Dan Sultan and Gurrumul Yunupingu, each musician will perform their first ever song, a cover of a Leonard Cohen song, a song to share, a song to covet, the song they wish they had written, two songs of their own and one for the end of days – the song they would like to leave behind. The concept promises a wide range of emotions, and serves as the festival’s finale."

http://www.mcv.gaynewsnetwork.com.au/opinion/from-the-editor-andrew-shaw-007708.html

Sounds like it will be quite the concert! I dearly hope it is recorded or filmed or released or something.

9Australian Paris Performance? Empty Australian Paris Performance 2010 Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:37 am

gavin

Hi Paul Yes it is good news. I'm taking my 2 sons and my daughter to the Paris performance. as well as myself and oldest son to the talk. All tickets have just arrived. My sons are named after John, ie: Lachlan JOHN and CALE Richard.
We'll be thinking of u guys. Can't get to the other performance however. Never mind.

10Australian Paris Performance? Empty Re: Australian Paris Performance? Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:09 pm

Paul

Paul

Very glad to hear Gavin!

We expect full reports after you see the shows. Very Happy

11Australian Paris Performance? Empty Re: Australian Paris Performance? Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:45 pm

Paul

Paul

I don't think Michael Jerome is going to be the drummer at these performances. The Richard Thompson band is doing a U.S. tour at the same time.

Fortunately, I now get to see the Richard Thompson band play. I've got really into RT's huge back catalog over the last few months. It's cool that two of my favorite artists share a drummer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum